The Maryland legislative session begins on January 10 and in preparation Jews United for Justice is meeting with State Legislators from across Montgomery County.
Join us for the meeting with the legislators from your district or for the meeting at the date and time that works best for you. The issues are the same state-wide, so any of the legislator meetings will be meaningful to attend.
During each meeting we'll discuss the issues being championed by JUFJ and hear from each legislator about their 2018 legislative priorities. Jews United for Justice’s 2018 State Campaigns include:
Economic Justice for Working Marylanders:
1. Overturning the Governor's veto of earned sick days
2. Reforming rent court to prevent unjust evictions
3. Raising the Maryland minimum wage
Equal Justice Under the Law:
1. Strengthening the Maryland Dream Act
2. Ensuring no one goes to jail just because they can't afford bail
3. Advocating for racial and socioeconomic equity in the criminal justice system
If you would like to learn more about these campaigns or have questions about the legislator meetings, please contact Isaac Deitz-Green at email@example.com.