Jews United for Justice advances economic, racial, and social justice in the Baltimore-Washington region by educating and mobilizing our local Jewish communities to action. We move our region closer to equity and justice by advancing issue-based campaigns that make real, immediate, and concrete improvements in people’s lives and build the power of working-class and poor communities of color. Through these campaigns we develop leaders, build our Jewish grassroots community, shift the consciousness of our community, and build the collective power needed to undo systemic racism and inequality.
Director of Finance and Administration
We’ve grown dramatically in recent years, and are seeking our first Director of Finance and Administration to strengthen our financial management and build the systems and processes our organization needs to succeed. We are looking for a talented systems-thinker, who will play a leadership role in the organization and ensure that our finance and administration functions are working at the highest level.
Our ideal candidate loves numbers, can look at a process and see the system that will enable or sustain success, and is a terrific teacher and interpersonal communicator who can help others in the organization adopt the new ways of working.
- Play a key leadership role at Jews United for Justice as a member of the senior management team.
- Supervise the Operations & Communications Associate
- Serve as the lead staff liaison with Board Finance & Governance Committees
Financial Leadership & Management
- Lead annual planning & budgeting processes.
- Create transparent financial systems and translate information so leadership key staff has the information needed to make sound financial decisions.
- Ensure that our finances and processes are a well-oiled machine, including cash flow, contract & lease management, managing the audit & tax compliance.
- Manage the financial relationship (e.g., invoicing, fund transfers, etc.) between JUFJ and other institutions including JUFJ’s sister organization, the JUFJ Campaign Fund, as well as re-granting partners & fiscal sponsored projects.
- Lead risk management for the organization, including reporting, compliance and insurance.
- Ensure that our workspaces are setup to enable our staff to get things done, including office setup, and relationships with landlords and vendors.
- Oversee and manage relationship with IT services company to ensure our staff has the necessary technology, training, and policies in place to protect our information and reputation.
- Lead human resources function to include recruitment, benefits, compensation, conducting trainings, handling grievances, and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure that routine procedures are accurate and working smoothly, including payroll, benefits, tracking leaves, employment records, and other internal systems.
We’re seeking candidates who love numbers and keeping track of all the details, can look at a process and see the system that will enable or sustain success, and are terrific teacher and interpersonal communicator who can help others in the organization adopt new ways of working. You should have:
- At least five plus years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or CPA preferred.
- Experience being the final reviewer for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Experience overseeing a human resources function preferred.
- Ability to communicate financial concepts to, and effectively collaborate with, programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not have finance backgrounds.
- A successful track record in setting priorities, and keen analytic, organization, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to multi-task and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Jews United for Justice.
Compensation: Annual salary of $70-85,000, depending on experience. Excellent benefits and a flexible, collaborative workplace.
How to Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis, but for priority consideration, submit by Friday, November 22, 2019.
JUFJ is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. People of color, indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, and immigrants are particularly encouraged to apply. You do not need to be Jewish.