Jews United for Justice advances economic, racial, and social justice in the Baltimore-Washington region by educating and mobilizing our local Jewish communities to action. We move our region closer to equity and justice by advancing issue-based campaigns that make real, immediate, and concrete improvements in people’s lives and build the power of working-class and poor communities of color. Through these campaigns we develop leaders, build our Jewish grassroots community, shift the consciousness of our community, and build the collective power needed to undo systemic racism and inequality.
The Executive Assistant will help support a growing organization and further JUFJ’s mission by providing administrative support to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be energetic and detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, have the flexibility to solve a range of problems and the discipline to establish systems for the organization.
Main areas of responsibility include project management, Board of Directors support, meeting support, and professionally communicating on behalf of the Executive Director. This is a brand-new position; therefore, the ideal candidate will remain flexible and adaptable as the position responsibilities may evolve over time.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director, and is based in Washington, D.C.
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar and appointment scheduling
- Prepare for Board Meetings including correspondence with Board Members, scheduling, coordinating catering and meeting room setup
- Record and summarize meeting minutes from all Staff, Senior Staff and Board Meetings, and follow up with all attendees regarding required action items
- Communicate with high value stakeholders, such as Board Members and donors, on behalf of the Executive Director via email and phone
- Assist Executive Director with project management including research, tracking status of action items, setting calendar reminders for tasks, etc.
- Prepare routine correspondence such as staff-wide emails, memos, messages to donors, etc.
- Complete and submit credit card reconciliations and invoices for processing
- Assist with expense tracking and reporting
- Coordinate travel plans, itineraries and agendas
- Perform clerical duties such as maintaining files, organizing electronic documents, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Support other departments with projects and administrative tasks as time allows
- Screen and respond to Executive Director’s emails, as requested
- Provide back-up Receptionist duties, as needed
Required Skills Qualifications
We’re seeking candidates who thrive keeping track of all the details, have exceptional interpersonal skills and terrific judgment. The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has one to three years of experience related to office coordination and support (internships included), with executive-level support and non-profit experience preferred
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage a high volume of work without sacrificing quality.
- Is highly organized, with strong attention to detail – always triple-checks their work
- Has a strong teamwork orientation – we’re pretty busy here, and your job would be to make things run smoothly.
- You view your work as supporting the whole, and integral to the team’s effectiveness.
- Approaches work with a spirit of “yes.” Has excellent problem-solving skills and a strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through, and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Able to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines.
- Enjoys working with technology and has appetite and aptitude to learn more about Google Suite, Microsoft Word, and our database, EveryAction (NGP VAN).
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including ability to correspond and interact with members at all levels of an organization
- Displays personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Jews United for Justice
Salary range is $36-40,000, depending on experience. Excellent benefits and a flexible, collaborative workplace. JUFJ is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. People of color, indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, and immigrants are particularly encouraged to apply. You do not need to be Jewish. Please send a resume, salary requirements, and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis.