Montgomery County 2018 Election Resources
The 2018 Election is a crucial chance to shape the direction and the values of our county and our state. In the weeks leading up to the election, we are helping to explain why.
Click below to see how our local election affects justice for immigrants, economic justice, racial equity, and education in our community.
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2018 Montgomery County elections in one handy location! If you have any questions about these resources, email Emmanuel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
General Election Dates:
- July 9 – Voter Registration reopens for General Election
- October 16 – Deadline for Voter Registration
- October 25 – November 1 – General Early Voting, 10am-8pm
- October 30 – Deadline to request absentee ballot by mail or fax*
- November 2 – Deadline to download absentee ballot from the State’s website*
- November 6 – General Election, 7am-8pm
*Any registered voter may vote by absentee ballot. You don’t need a reason to vote by absentee ballot. It’s another way to vote if you don’t want to or can’t go to an early voting center or your polling place.
Where can I get information?
- MoCo Elections information: (240) 777-VOTE or www.777vote.org
- Statewide Elections information: elections.maryland.gov
- See your voter registration status: voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/VoterSearch
- Click for list of Early Voting locations
- Find my Polling Place for Election day
- Click here for list of Upcoming Candidate Forums.
- Click here to let JUFJ know when you are attending forums. We’ll share important questions you can ask at the forum and connect you with other JUFJers who are attending.
- You can report candidates’ answers to your questions at bit.ly/MDForums (statewide candidates) or bit.ly/MoCoForums (county candidates).
- For additional candidate forum information compiled by a MoCo community leader click here.
What are my Districts?
- Find your Federal and State Districts & Representatives: http://mdelect.net/
- Find your County District & Representatives: https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/mccouncildistrict/
Who is Running?
- Official candidate list: https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2018/general_candidates/index.html
Select Local Media Resources:
- Sign up for the JUFJ Newsletter!
- Bethesda Beat: http://www.bethesdamagazine.com/Bethesda-Beat/Politics/
- Maryland Reporter: http://marylandreporter.com/
- Maryland Matters: https://marylandmatters.org/
- Greater Greater Washington: https://ggwash.org/
- There are other e-newsletters, blogs, and twitter feeds if you want more sources of information. Contact Emmanuel at email@example.com for the full list!